Programs for your Community
Here are 10 types of programs Saul can bring to your community
1. Saul Kaye Solo Acoustic Jewish Blues Show 1 hour
2. Saul Kaye Full Band Jewish BLues Show 1 hour ( 3-4 piece band)
3. Workshops: Niggunim, Songwriting, Jewish Mystical Experience ( Spiritual Practice), Jewish
4. Saul Kaye guest artist at Shabbat Services 2-3 songs plus oneg performance 45 minutes
5. Saul Leads a musical Kabbalat Shabbat service Friday night
6. A Musical Havdalah program followed by either a solo show or full band show Saturday night
7. Jews and Jazz - Saul Explores the Tin Pan Alley Writers in a unique show highlighting Music From
Gershwin to Berlin in this unique combination of music and stories.
8. Jewish Meditation: Saul has been practicing meditation for 25 years and offering meditation sessions to communities and ages ranging from 12-92. Most recently he taught/ led Jewish meditation at Camp Newman for groups of teens, PTBE for Adults, and CBJ for Adults.
9. From the Bar to the Bimah: A Journey through the Bluesmen
Who found their way to G-d, some who didn’t, and Some who made it through.
Join the pioneer of Jewish Blues Saul Kaye as he takes you on A journey from the gutbucket
Delta blues of Son House, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Blind Wilie Johnson to more modern blues and soul
Legends like Ray Charles, BB King Kelley Joe Phelps. You’ll also hear a sampling of Saul’s own unique Jewish Blues Style. Turn your Shul into a nightclub for the evening And enjoy!
10. Jewish Musical Journey from The Baal Shem Tov through Today
Join Saul on a one hour tour of Jewish music from 1700 through 2023
Saul will play selections and tell stories of some of the greatest Artists who have shaped the face of modern Jewish music, both popular and liturgical. We’ll play and sing songs from the likes of Shlomo Carlebach, Craig Taubman, Yishai Ribo, Yonatan Raziel, and Joey Weissenberg and you get to experience some of Saul’s unique contributions to the ever-growing catalogue of Jewish Music. Saul will take you on a Journey of Jewish music through the years exploring many artists you know and love and allow you to discover gems in our tradition. We will also get to know the stories behind the artists.
Saul is also available for full weekend artist-in-residencies. When Saul comes to your community
in this capacity there are usually 3-4 events throughout the weekend. Saul will lead / co-lead
Friday night Services, play a couple of songs or lead Saturday morning, offer a Saturday Afternoon
workshop and do a Saturday night Jewish Blues Concert. These weekends can be tailored to
best suit your community's needs.